Your Career with Spectral Edge
Exciting new opportunities working with cutting edge technology
Senior Hardware Engineer – REF: HW002
Spectral Edge is a specialist in image processing and computational photography. The company uses patented image fusion algorithms in combination with state of the art machine learning techniques to solve challenging image processing problems, including multi spectral fusion and multi sensor registration among others.
We are growing fast and are now looking for an individual with hardware design skills – RTL (VHDL, Verilog) and verification (UVM, system Verilog). Experience with Hardware synthesis tools (Synopsys, Cadence and others) and simulation tools is also required.
The key duties are:
- Implementation of Algorithms and functional blocks proposed by the R&D team for ASIC synthesis.
- Interaction with R&D on algorithm optimization.
- System integration, functional debugging of implemented blocks and algorithms.
- Block level verification.
- ASIC synthesis using technology libraries for area, speed, power and estimation
The key skills are:
- Hardware design skills – RTL (VHDL, Verilog) and industry standard verification methodologies
- Experience with Hardware synthesis tools (Synopsys, Cadence and others)
- Experience with Simulation tools such as nc-sim, Modelsim, Questa, VCS.
- Good Python, C/C++ skills and Matlab understanding
- Familiarity with scripting languages
- Practical experience with block design, algorithm implementation, block-level verification, timing closure, size and speed optimization required
- Knowledge of memory subsystems, AXI and system integration would be helpful.
This is a full-time position based in Cambridge. Our modern office in the Science Park, within walking distance of Cambridge North station, offers a range of facilities including a café on site.
For further information or to apply, please contact our HR Manager, Sue Handley Jones firstname.lastname@example.org